• Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of Avalon and applicable state/federal regulations.
• Observes records and reports to the Staff Nurse symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
• Determines and records effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner as required by state and federal regulations.
• Provides and promotes resident’s rights during the administration of medications.
• Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures of Avalon and applicable state/federal regulations.
• Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and procedures of Avalon and applicable state/federal regulations.
• Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues to the Staff Nurse for correction or repair.
• Obtains, records, and reports vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications.
• Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions and following policies and procedures of Avalon, including OSHA’s Blood-borne Pathogen Standard.
• Communicates to residents, staff and others in accurate and factual manner and seeks clarification from or refers questions to Staff Nurse when indicated.
• Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant and successfully complete a state approved Medication Aide - Certification (MA-C) Program which includes classroom and facility training, and exam.
• Must achieve 12 hours of in service education annually as required by federal regulations (as well as meet state requirements, if exceeds federal).
• Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
• Must be willing to assist others, including co-workers.
• Must maintain regular attendance.
• Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
For additional information, please contact River Tabakian, Healthcare Recruiter, at 801-924-0864 today!
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, email@example.com.